Thank you Helen for putting together this quiz to keep kids busy during school closures. The answers have now been posted below.
1. How many countries are there in the world?
2. Where is the largest active volcano in the world?
3. Name 6 different types of dinosaur.
3. Which pole is the coldest?
4. which is the deepest ocean in the world?
5. Who is the richest person in the world?
6. What is the tallest building in the world and where?
7. Which country has the longest coastline in the world?
8. Which country has the largest population in the world?
9. How many bones are there in the human body?
10. What is the slowest moving reptile?
11. What is the longest river in the world?
12. How does a submarine sink?
13. Which is the odd one out? Mushroom, sweet potato, lettuce, carrot?
14. What is the highest mountain in the world? How high is it? Where is it?
15. What is the capital city of Lebanon?
16. What makes the blood pump around your body?
17. What is the largest planet? 18. Penguins can fly. True or False?
1. 200 (although some countries are contested so 196 could also be correct) 2. Hawaii – Mauna Loa 3. Did you get six? 3. South (Antarctica), due to its very thick sheet of ice – it is the highest altitude pole 4. Pacific 5. Jeff Bezos (Amazon founder) 6. Burj Khalifa, Dubai 7. Canada 8. China (1,439,323,776) 9. 206 10. Giant galapagos tortoise 11. The River Nile 12. By taking in water 13. Mushroom – mushrooms are fungi not plants. 14. Mount Everest in Nepal is 8,848 metres high 15. Beirut 16. The heart 17. Jupiter 18. False
How did you do?? Let us know below 🙂