Our goal is to raise £40,000 by the end of 2019.
Since Sanctuary in Chichester launched in January 2016, we’ve achieved a lot.
Thanks to the £30,000 we’ve already received from our generous supporters we’ve been able to make a real difference to the lives of refugees and asylum seekers in West Sussex. Our activities include supporting Syrian refugee families and providing twice-weekly drop in sessions, English language tuition, emergency accommodation and financial support.
Now we’ve launched a campaign to raise £40,000 so we can do much more. With this funding we want to:
• Create more drop-in facilities
• Help other Syrian families arrive and settle in West Sussex
• Extend our language learning service
• Offer more friendship-building and mentoring opportunities, potentially using sport as a focus
• Provide shelter to destitute asylum-seekers, sometimes at short notice
• Increase awareness of, and access to, our services
• Boost understanding among local residents of the issues that refugees and asylum seekers face.
How you can help:
• You can attend one of our fundraising events. Please keep an eye on our website and social media for details.
• You can hold your own fundraising event on our behalf, whether it’s a coffee morning or a sponsored bike ride. We’ve listed some of our ideas for fundraising here but would love to hear yours, and to help you with fundraising information and materials.
• You can join our friendly fundraising group, which meets every month in Chichester and is doing great things.
• Share our fundraising leaflet with friends and family or help us hand them out in public.
• Donate. No amount is too small (or large!)
– £15 could pay for an English language textbook.
– £25 could cover the monthly cost of broadband internet so a refugee family is able to contact loved ones.
– £100 would provide a destitute asylum seeker with meals for a month.
Visit our Donations page to find out more about giving.
• Share our campaign on social media.
For more information about fundraising for Sanctuary in Chichester please contact email@example.com